Followers

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Home Sweet Home

 A new look to an old key box........

This is an old key box which was put aside, because the glass was broken and the photo was faded...... When I came across the old key box whilst cleaning the store room........ an idea came to my mind..... The wood was still good as new and the box was in-tact.... so I thought how will it look like if I can put some quilling to it.....



I took a scenery from a calendar paper as the background for the face of the key box.... added a few flowers, the sun and my most beautiful rainbow color butterfly..... I wanted it to say something back to me.... so I was thinking what is the best words it could hold.....


'Home Sweet Home' are the words that came to my mind. I thought this key box have been in the center of the house holding all the keys that we use.... I felt it should be given back the highlight it was holding before in the center of the house with a new look.....




To be appropriate with the scenery in the background, I added grass along with some flowers to give it a wild look....

Keeping the rainbow color butterfly as the highlight, I also added some white butterfly to fill the gaps to add more depth to wild life scenery....


My key box with a new look 'Home Sweet Home' ....


I need to put a glass or a transparency sheet, so that it will give the key box a complete look with the same glory it had previously, and most importantly, I can keep the dust away.....

Home Sweet Home.............

 

2 comments:

  1. so interesting...eye catching quill work ...lovely

    by
    anuprem

    http://anu-rainydrops.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete